Thursday, November 15, 2012

This Dark Road


This Dark Road

This road is looking all too familiar
The signs are still the same here
And so is the pain that lives here
God, I remember how much I hate it here

I try to turn back
But all I feel is a pull; an attack
I end up slipping in a hole
How the hell did it get so cold?

I can hear myself
Like I’m outside my self
Just screaming
“Get up! For f*ck sake don’t stay down!

You’ve been down
You can end it now
But there’s too much fight in you
There’s a light inside of you

I know you feel it
I know you can hear it

You’re heart is bleeding
And you can’t stop the screaming
The pain is from mourning
And you can’t stop it in its glory

It’s going to take everything you ever had
Everything you ever cared for

To create a tourniquet
Big enough to stop the bleeding
A power
Strong enough to stop the screaming

But it’s all inside you

It is

YOUR darkness you face

And it is

YOUR own strength you must embrace

It is
YOUR demons you must fight down

And it is

YOUR faith you need to surround you now”

And I get it
I finally f*ckin get it

This damn road have been calling my name
Blindly I follow
Thinking that maybe in a lifetime it will change

But it remains the same
The bodies still riddle the sideline
Infecting it with a finality that is quite life like

When you scream within yourself
And you need help

When you realize that the road is desolate
The façade of its beauty had finally fallen

And your tears stream down in tiny droplets of blood
Like the festering life inside you
And you swallow on your emotions
And you scream out “f*ck it”

This is the life style you have to lead
And you can either choose to leave
Or stay here and bleed

And the life you would leave behind is too great
And the life you leave behind is filled with too much pain

And you feel a pull in two different directions
And you just want to stop

Just want to stop

Stop!

Screaming!

And you wake up
And you’re still breathing
And you thank God that your heart isn’t bleeding

And you realize that it was all a dream
And still

Ever so quietly

Your soul screams

And you know it will sneak up on you again
And again you will fight it to the very end

--E.G. Flores

No comments:

Post a Comment